William F. Busen
Hi, all! I do data wrangling for the
Department of Psychology at the
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before that, I did lots of interesting stuff that I talk about elsewhere. I grew up in
Moline, IL, and got a BSCS
Also, I wear lots of hats in my personal life - I am a:
- Attending Twin City Bible Church in
- Fan/Dad/Friend/Enthusiastic supporter
- Of the talented students of the String Department of the School
of Music at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Intermittent piano teacher
- People keep asking me out of the blue to teach them piano. This is really fun, if mystifying, since I love thinking and talking about making a performance more musical. I warn them that I am shy on technique with an overemphasis on musicality, and that never seems to bother anybody. So I probably couldn't teach beginners.
- Linguistics nerd
- I have credit for 2-1/2 years of German and a year each of French, Spanish,
Russian, and Japanese. It's fun to surprise speakers of less-studied
languages with a little exchange in their heart language, as well. Working on
a college campus is perfect if you like to do this! Now a dozen lessons into
Mandaring with Rosetta Stone!
- Oh, all right, so I'm just a CLOWN!
- Without portfolio.
- Stranded contrabass balalaika player
- Before its demise, I played in the University of Illinois Russian Folk
- LOW Bass
- Bass II in the chorus that sings with Champaign-Urbana Symphony, Sinfonia da Camera, and the University of Illinois Symphony Orchestra (Oratorio Society).
I have been blessed to sing under Paul Salamunovich, Joseph Flummerfelt, Kristina Boerger, and Andrew Megill, among others.
It amazes me how much I learn every year even fifty years after my first gig.
Last modified: May 28, 2016
William F. Busen
824 E. Kerr Ave. #206
Urbana, IL 61802